Medium (5 - 9%) and High (9 - 12%) Phosphorus
Electroless nickel plating is widely used for engineering applications due to its properties, including: high wear resistance, high hardness, and corrosion protection. The deposit thickness can be controlled very accurately, enabling a close tolerance finish on components with critical dimension. The electroless nickel plating deposit is uniform throughout, ideal for threads, blind holes, deep through bores, and sophisticated shaped components.
On aluminum, electroless nickel is applied to provide a hard surface with wear resistance and as corrosion protection. When electrolytic plating is required on aluminum, electroless nickel is often applied as an intermediate deposit, increasing bond to the surface.
Our capababilities include inside plating on shafts, bores, cylinders, including gas/compressed air cylinders.
What Are The Benefits Of Electroless Nickel Plating?
- Increased strength and hardness qualities due to the uniformity of coating
- Increased chemical and corrosion resistance due to the electroless coating
- Lubricity properties are gained that allow the material to slide over other metal surfaces reducing wear in the process
- More cost effective than electroplating techniques
Our rack, barrel, and vibratory process lines are set up to process electroless nickel on millions of components a month, including contact pins, contact rings, and various other components for wide range of industries, including oilfield, oil & gas, electronics, medical, air defense, military, aerospace, etc.
Comparison With Nickel Electroplating
Electroless Nickel Plating Specifications
- Meets AMS 2405, AMS 2404B, ASTM B733, Mil-26074B
- Electroless nickel on Aluminum, copper alloys, beryllium copper, brass, nickel alloys, stainless steel alloys, and steel alloys.
- 100 Hours salt spray per ASTM B177
- 7 - 8% phosphorus content
- 46 - 48Rc Hardness
- RACK - For intricate shapes, including molded contacts, connectors, rotatable connectors, ground springs, and selective plating.
- BARREL - for high volume of contact pins, small contact rings, and various small size parts.
- VIBRATORY - For highest quality on contact pins, contact rings, and various small size parts. This method includes best distribution and coverage, including difficult to plate inside wall of small bores.
- With a semi-automated process line, we are able to process over 1 million parts per month. In house X-Ray machine for precise thickness testing
Click here to submit a Request for Quote
To Get In Touch with GUERRERO Call Us at 1-888-939-5919